Can I just say I absolutely love the Twitter community? <3 I’ve managed to find an awesome group of mommas on twitter that make me smile all day long with their hilarious but true tweets about daily life in the mom tranches. This is the second award I’ve been nominated for since being active again and I am continually challenged by the awesome content I see throughout the day.
I was nominated for this award by Kathleen @ Sweatpants and Topknots (seriously an amazing blogger please go check her out). There is a challenge that goes with this nomination:
- Thank the person that nominated you for the award
- Include a link to their blog
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Share seven things about yourself in your blog post.
So HERE are my 7 things about myself!
- I am married to a medically retired Army veteran. He served for 8 years and retired almost a year ago. We spent our entire term of his active duty stationed at Joint Base Lewis McChord in the gorgeous state of Washington. I loved the beauty of Washington but I am so glad to be back home in the midwest!
- I built and single handedly ran my own successful portrait photography business for four years while in Washington. My specialty was photographing precious newborns and babies. I also did professional headshots, weddings, families and maternity. I am very proud of what I accomplished with that business, but decided to set it aside for awhile to focus on my family and homeschooling. I miss it!
- I don’t have a college degree but have attended enough credit hours that I could almost have a degree. Ive studied English, Graphic Design, Photography and Web Design in bits, lol. I’ve also taken certificate courses in marketing and business management.
- I have lost 8 precious babies in my lifetime by miscarriage. It took seeing a reproductive endocrinologist to figure out my hormones don’t adjust the way they should after conceiving. My three youngest children were very fervently prayed for and required extra intervention to ensure they were carried through the first trimester. All of my birth children are “rainbow babies” with the exception of Lily, our youngest. Two of my children are actually step-children, but I don’t consider them to be any less my babies than the rest.
- My husband and I were both married once before we met. That seems like another life, honestly. It’s like it’s always been him and I, and wether he likes it or not, he’s stuck with me FOR-EV-ER!!! (insert maniacal laugh here)
- I LOVE disney movies and musicals. I know Frozen and Moana by heart (thanks to my toddler), and my favorite musicals are Les Miserables, My Fair Lady, and The Greatest Showman.
- I was a band and drama geek in school. I played the clarinet for 8 years and acted in every production in my school from 7th through 12th grade. I also was in choir, drill team, academic competetion and speech team.
- I love learning. When there is something I am interested in I will research it, watch tutorials etc. and practice until I am proficient in whatever skill I am trying to obtain. I have taught myself so many things in my adult life and I am super thankful for the technology we have today that enables us to learn a new skill at the touch of a button… thank you World Wide Web!
Hope you enjoyed a little peek into what makes me “tick”! I will embed my tweet with nominees below!
I am so honored!!— My Blessed Mess (@myblessedmess) November 17, 2018
I nominate: @melissallado @thebeautyorl @PlayfulMum @MomNeedsCoffee3 @SnarkyMommy78 @gfishandnuggets @h0tmessmama @heyerinnicole @leggingsnlattes @ComicBookMom @msrachelteodoro @Momthoughtsblo1 @MommyPurposeful @motherhoodten https://t.co/DS9hlBoFl9